Ranjan Ramanayake arrested
UNP Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake was arrested by Colombo Crimes Division (CCD) at his at his residence in Madiwala.
He was subsequently taken into custody and taken away by in a police jeep by the officers.
MP Ramanayake is expected to be produced before the court after a statement is recorded from him.
He was arrested following an arrest warrant issued by the Nugegoda Magistrate’s Court on the MP.
AG directed the CCD Director to arrest MP Ramanayake after obtaining a warrant and produce him in court for alleged interference with the functions of the judges.
UPDATE – 2020-01-15 – 02:05 PM: MP Ranjan Ramanayake who was arrested last evening produced before the Nugegoda magistrate by CCD officers.
UPDATE – 2020-01-15 – 02:40 PM: MP Ranjan Ramanayake who was arrested last evening remanded till 29 January by Nugegoda magistrate.
UPDATE – 2020-01-15 – 03:15 PM: Court orders Prisons Commissioner to produce MP Ranjan Ramanayake before Government Analyst for a voice test on 23 January.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
No see how he says he’s having chest pains and gets himself admitted to a hospital and a bunch of doctors saying yes his condition is “fragile” – and thereby he will not spend time in remand! What a joke this system is – something I have not seen anywhere else on this planet!