Ranjan’s fate in UNP to be announced soon
Former UNP Minister and party stalwart Jayawickrama Perera yesterday said that a decision would be taken on Wednesday at a group meeting whether MP Ranjan Ramanayake should be expelled from the party over the phone recording scandal.
Perera said Ranjan’s actions had embarassed the UNP.
He said Ranjan’s actions could not be approved.
(Source: The Island – By Norman Palihawadana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023