Rapid Antigen tests to resume at Western Province exit points
Police say several special operations will be conducted from today onwards, including subjecting persons leaving the Western Province to Rapid Antigen tests at random.
The operation will be carried out at 11 exit points of the Western Province.
Police Media Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said Environmental Police personnel and health authorities are also conducting another operation to inspect state and private institutions, to determine if they are adhering to health safety regulations as stipulated in the Gazette Notification issued in this regard.
The DIG also revealed Rapid tests are being conducted at fish and vegetable stalls and economic centres and other marketplaces as well to identify COVID-19 positive cases.
Persons travelling in buses to outstation areas will also be subject to various checks in a bid to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023