Reducing army presence will help improve conditions – KP
Kumaran Padmanathan says that the recent student protests in Tamil Nadu against Sri Lanka brought back memories of the 1970s when Tamil politicians brainwashed youngsters like him into joining the Tamil cause.
“Students should be left to study. Politicians there [TN] make it an emotional issue. They cannot do anything on their own for us, so they have to work with the Centre in India and help Sri Lanka,” the former LTTE chief arms procurer said in an interview with The Hindu.
Terming the attack on Buddhists monks in India “uncivil” and “inhuman”, he says such responses will only do more damage than good to the Sri Lankan Tamils.
Padmanathan, also known as KP, is not short of suggestions on the means to achieve peace and reconciliation: “The army’s presence enhances safety at one level, but also intimidates people.”
In KP’s opinion, reducing the army presence in the area and introducing civil administration would help improve the living conditions of the people there.
“Tamil politicians are obsessed with Jaffna and hardly engage with the people of the Vanni who are the real victims.” (Courtesy: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
If jungle changes, spots of tiger do not change.
Come on yaluwa. The former kotiya has been tamed. He is a pussy cat now. Give him a chance to talk. Is it not a free democratic country. People make mistakes. You cannot keep on branding them once rehabilitated.
The guy is indeed a pussy cat.
But he still has the heart of a tiger. Watch out.
KP made his money, he has no time for Eelam, still counting the money, dont worry he is no danger.
Our Srilankan brave Forces can stay all over the srilanka,
because srilanka is a one country..also tamils they can also stay and live all over the srilanka.Therefore tamil tigers should change their attitudes towards other srilankan.As a tamil i did not have any problems with my singhalas brothers and sisters.