Regulations of the Carbon Tax to be amended
Posted in Local News
The government has decided to amend the basis of the Carbon Tax imposed on vehicles.
The Cabinet of Ministers approved a proposal tabled by Minister of Finance Mangala Samaraweera to direct relevant officials to introduce the new amendments.
The tax is being charged under the 2018 Financial Act under three categories – the first year of registration, engine capacity and type of fuel used.
The government directed attention towards amending the Carbon Tax owing to the difficulties in identifying the criteria and concerns raised by the public.
The Finance Ministry said amendments will be introduced in a manner that the use of fuel will help determine the Carbon Tax on vehicles.
(Source: News Radio)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023