Report on Swiss Embassy complaint soon – PM
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa said he was awaiting a report on the alleged detention and questioning of a staff member of the Swiss Embassy in Colombo recently.
He stated this to media participating at the event where State Minister Vasudeva Nanayakkara assumed duties at his ministry yesterday.A locally recruited staff member of the Embassy of Switzerland in Colombo was reported forcibly taken in a vehicle and questioned on November 25.
The Foreign Affairs Ministry said the Government had taken serious note of the alleged criminal incident and has taken immediate action to investigate the matter.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023