Restrictions imposed on the use of loudspeakers in Mosques
Restrictions have been imposed on the use of loudspeakers in Mosques during the month of Ramazan Fasting which begins tomorrow.
Director of the Department of Muslim Religious Affairs M. R. M. Malik stated that all mosques have been informed to use loudspeakers at inside of the mosque, so that the sound will not be heard outside of the premises.
Since it was not possible to view the new moon yesterday, the Colombo grand Mosque said that fasting for Ramazan will begin tomorrow.
Accordingly, Director of the Department of Muslim Religious Affairs M. R. M. Malik further said that mosques have been informed to shorten religious observances in the night at all mosques which are conducted subsequent to breaking fast.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023