PM instructs to reimburse properties damaged in Negombo unrest
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has agreed to compensate the private and public properties that were damaged during the clashes between two groups in Porutota-Kochchikade, Negombo last evening (05).
PM Wickremesinghe has instructed the relevant authorities to assess the damages caused owing to the unrest, the Prime Minister’s Media stated.
Accordingly, the Office for Reparations under the Ministry of National Policies, Economic Affairs, Resettlement & Rehabilitation, Northern Province Development and Youth Affairs has expedited the steps to estimate the damages.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023