Retirement Age extended to 60 years
The maximum age for the government servants for retirement has been extended to 60 years from the current age limit of 57 years in response to many requests made to the government by the public servants.
Earlier the maximum age limit was 57 years and public servants who needed extensions had to get approval from the Heads of the Institutions to obtain extensions.
The General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Independent Trade Union Federation Lesley Devendra welcoming the new decision said that they have made a request to the President to extend this facility the employees of the Statutory Boards and Corporations and said it was upon their request that the extension up to 57 years was also granted to employees of the Statutory Boards and Corporations.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024