Rishad is missing from his Colombo, Mannar homes – CID
Posted in Local News
Six CID teams are still looking for MP Rishad Bathiudeen to arrest him. The teams did not find him at his homes in Colombo and Mannar, says police media spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana.
Refusing to issue a warrant to the acting IGP for the arrest of Bathiudeen and two others, the Colombo Fort magistrate yesterday (13) said a court warrant was not required to make an arrest under the public property act.
The three have been accused of criminal misuse of public property and violating election laws by using SLTB buses to transport displaced voters from Puttalam to Mannar during the last presidential election.
(Source: Hiru News)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Try Wilpattu cleared settlement
Must be in Dubai, shopping !