Rishad ordered to appear before CID
The Colombo Fort magistrate’s court has ordered former minister Rishad Bathiudeen to appear before the CID at 9.00 am on 27 July to give a statement in connection with the Easter Sunday attacks.
The CID made submissions to the court today (21) that the ex-minister had not turned up to give a statement.
Bathiudeen had been informed twice to be at the CID for the purpose, the police media division says.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023