Rohitha Abeygunawardena sacked from SLFP central committee
Former Minister Rohitha Abeygunawardena has also been removed from the Central Committee of Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP).
The UPFA MP said he has received a letter notifying of the decision.
Four other former ministers were also removed from the Central Committee after notifying them in writing on 11 April.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023