Rs. 40 million worth cash, jewellery robbed from financial institute in Gampaha
Posted in Local News
Two unidentified men who arrived in a motorcyclist have robbed Rs. 40 million worth jewellery and cash from a private financial institution in Miriswatta, Gampaha.
Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said the Gampaha Police are conducting an investigation into the incident and that five police teams have been deployed.
He said there is a tendency of increasing such crimes and urged owners and officials of those institutions to take precautionary measures to prevent such incidents.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023