Rs. 50 million gold heist at Galtenne Devalaya solved
The Thalathuoya police, yesterday, arrested four suspects who allegedly made off with gold jewellery worth Rs. 50 million and Rs.400,000 in cash from a Devalaya in Galtenne in the early hours of Wednesday.
Police having scrutinised the video footage of CCTV cameras installed in shops and houses on either side of the road, traced the three wheeler used by the armed gang and arrested the suspects.
Thalathu Oya police are conducting further investigations.
(Courtesy: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023