Rs. 50 million gold heist at Galtenne Devalaya solved
Posted in Local News
The Thalathuoya police, yesterday, arrested four suspects who allegedly made off with gold jewellery worth Rs. 50 million and Rs.400,000 in cash from a Devalaya in Galtenne in the early hours of Wednesday.
Police having scrutinised the video footage of CCTV cameras installed in shops and houses on either side of the road, traced the three wheeler used by the armed gang and arrested the suspects.
Thalathu Oya police are conducting further investigations.
(Courtesy: The Island)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023