Rs. 6,000,000 worth of iron, mesh removed from outer circular expressway recovered
Posted in Local News
The Athurugiriya police has recovered around 100 pieces of galvanised iron pipes and wire mesh removed from the railings of Colombo Outer Circular expressway by some unidentified thieves, police said yesterday.
It had been estimated that the stock was worth around six million rupees, police said.
Aturugiriya police on a tip-off had recovered the pile of galvanised pipes from a location at Thunandahena, Pore in Aturugriya. Police said that they believed the suspects had escaped, leaving the pile of pipes when police reached the location.
Aturugiriya police are conducting further investigations.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023