Rs. 70m robbed at Paliyagoda
News Courtesy: Ada Derana
An armed gang at Paliyagoda has robbed Rs. 70 Million from a vehicle carrying cash to an ATM machine says Police Spokesman. The theft had taken place at around 1.00 am today at Aluwakella, Thegalapotha by five suspects traveling in two motorbikes.
It is reported that the robbers had forcibly stopped a van transporting money and using weapons have stolen Rs. 70 Million in cash along with two firearms belonging to the guards in the vehicle.
Police Spokesman Prishantha Jayakody says that the suspects have not been identified yet however the Paliyagoda Police is conducting further investigations on the robbery.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023