Rs.80 million donations to Health Ministry by WHO
Posted in Local News
World Health Organization (WHO) has donated four mobile hospitals and medical equipments worth Rs.80 million to the Ministry of Health.
During the flood season in May 2016, which affected 22 districts, WHO has donated medical equipment to the Health Ministry, that are essential in sudden disaster situations. The new donation worth Rs. 80 million has been donated to Sri Lanka in addition to that.
52 sets of equipment for women and child health clinics, 50 fumigation machines, and three boats were also donated.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023