Rupee hits new record low
Posted in Local News
The Sri Lankan rupee hit a new low of around Rs.127.00 against the US dollar a while ago, currency dealers said.
The rupee opened at125.50/70 levels against the dollar and moved as low as Rs.127 when dollar sales by a state bank were took place, according to dealers.
As a result, the rupee was later quoted around 126.20/50, dealers said.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023