Sad to see long-serving SLFP organizers removed – John
Labour and Trade Union Relations Minister John Seneviratne, who is a senior member of Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP), said yesterday that it was sad that some party organizers who had served the party for a long time had been expelled even without giving them reasons for their dismissal.
Minister Seneviratne told Daily Mirror that he hoped President Maithripala Sirisena would reconsider his decision.
The minister said these organizers had allegedly been removed because they had neglected their work for the party in their areas. However, he said the party men were overwhelmingly against the current state of affairs, and therefore the organizers had no way of working in the interests of the party.
“If they have been dismissed because they did not work in their electorates then they should be given the chance to explain their stance,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Austria has elected its first 31 year old President.
Canada and France have elected young (<40) Presidents.
In Sri Lanka, we are saddled with Dinosaurs (Bandaranaike, Rajapaksa, Wickremasinghe, Seneviratne, Sampantham) in political leadership.
Uncle John, it is time for you to go, my dear uncle !!!
We, the people of Sri Lanka, are bored and tired of you. Retire and have good life and let us forge ahead.