Sad to see long-serving SLFP organizers removed – John
Labour and Trade Union Relations Minister John Seneviratne, who is a senior member of Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP), said yesterday that it was sad that some party organizers who had served the party for a long time had been expelled even without giving them reasons for their dismissal.
Minister Seneviratne told Daily Mirror that he hoped President Maithripala Sirisena would reconsider his decision.
The minister said these organizers had allegedly been removed because they had neglected their work for the party in their areas. However, he said the party men were overwhelmingly against the current state of affairs, and therefore the organizers had no way of working in the interests of the party.
“If they have been dismissed because they did not work in their electorates then they should be given the chance to explain their stance,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023