SAITM students disappointed with President
Students of the South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM) are unhappy over the delay by the President to respond to their request for a meeting.
Secretary of the Students Action Committee of SAITM, Chatushka Rambukwella said that they had not been aware about the details of the proposed solution to recruit SAITM students to the Kotelawala Defence University (KDU) and neither had Minister of Higher Education Dr. Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe nor President Maithripala Sirisena given them an opportunity to meet them to obtain a clarification on the new solution.
“We are extremely disappointed that even after many requests, through letters, through press releases, through media conferences, the President is yet to give us an opportunity to meet him and discuss and clarify these questions that are haunting us.”
However, he added, despite two Cabinet papers being presented in this regard, along with a Gazette sent to Parliament and included in the Order Paper, but revoked on the day of the reading, with another which was to be presented yesterday (19), nothing had been implemented thus far.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
Not only you but the entire country including the cheated voters of Jan 2018 are dissapointed with this Lilly White Comedian.
He is no good, good for nothing, big mistake we made in Jan 2015.
We should have re-elected the big-moustached fella wearing a maroon shawl in Jan 2015.
By now, half the population would have been white vanned and the USD would have been LKR800.
But NR’s racing cars, they would have been a wonder to watch and horses, from the Royal Family, in Nuwara Eliya too.
We would have been Sillywood; a wonderful place to live.