SAITM students disappointed with President
Students of the South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM) are unhappy over the delay by the President to respond to their request for a meeting.
Secretary of the Students Action Committee of SAITM, Chatushka Rambukwella said that they had not been aware about the details of the proposed solution to recruit SAITM students to the Kotelawala Defence University (KDU) and neither had Minister of Higher Education Dr. Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe nor President Maithripala Sirisena given them an opportunity to meet them to obtain a clarification on the new solution.
“We are extremely disappointed that even after many requests, through letters, through press releases, through media conferences, the President is yet to give us an opportunity to meet him and discuss and clarify these questions that are haunting us.”
However, he added, despite two Cabinet papers being presented in this regard, along with a Gazette sent to Parliament and included in the Order Paper, but revoked on the day of the reading, with another which was to be presented yesterday (19), nothing had been implemented thus far.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024