Sajin Vaas released on bail
Posted in Local News
Former monitoring MP Sajin de Vass Gunawardena was released on a personal bail of Rs. 1 million with two sureties each by Colombo Fort Magistrate Gihan Pilapitiya today in the case where MP Gunawardena had failed to declare his assets and liabilities.
The magistrate also impounded the passport of MP Gunawardena and issued an order preventing him from leaving the country. The next hearing was set for September 5.
On March 20, the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption filed the case against Mr Gunawardena under section 9 of the Declaration of Assets and Liabilities Law No. 1 on 1975.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
News says he has failed to decklare his assets and he was released from bail. Hence next herering postphoned to 5th september.
thst mean he has been given to collect the proofs. Long time we cannot beleave it. By that time political situation might be changed. Then he will have a good chance to………….???????