Three navy personnel arrested over Nadarajah Raviraj killing
Three navy personnel have been detained and are being questioned by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) over the killing of TNA MP Nadarajah Raviraj in 2006, the police spokesman said.
Raviraj, who represented the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) from Jaffna district, died in hospital after being shot by unidentified gunmen in Colombo on November 10, 2006.
He was shot as he left his house in Colombo for work. One of his guards, Sgt. Lakshman Lokuwella, was also killed in the attack.
Mr Raviraj, a former mayor of Jaffna and a lawyer by profession, had his own law firm: “Raviraj and Associates”. He was a native of Chavakachcheri in the Thenmaratchy sector of Jaffna.
Raviraj’s murder took place within one year of the killing of veteran Eastern Province Parliamentarian Joseph Pararajasingham.
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded June 7, 2023
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023