‘Sakvithi Ranasinghe’ granted bail
‘Sakvithi’ Ranasinghe who in remand custody for over nine years over an alleged financial fraud exceeding Rs. 1,628 million, has been released on bail by Colombo High Court today.
The order was issued by a three member bench of the Colombo High Court today.
‘Sakvithi Ranasinghe’ was in remand custody since September 2009.
Abhaya Ranasinghe Arachchilage Chandana Weerakumara known as ‘Sakvith Ranasinghe’ and 10 others were accused of committing a criminal breach of trust with regard to Rs. 1,628 million worth funds of the depositors at Sakvithi Housing and Construction (Pvt.) Ltd between 2006 and 2008.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023