‘Sakvithi Ranasinghe’ granted bail
Posted in Local News
‘Sakvithi’ Ranasinghe who in remand custody for over nine years over an alleged financial fraud exceeding Rs. 1,628 million, has been released on bail by Colombo High Court today.
The order was issued by a three member bench of the Colombo High Court today.
‘Sakvithi Ranasinghe’ was in remand custody since September 2009.
Abhaya Ranasinghe Arachchilage Chandana Weerakumara known as ‘Sakvith Ranasinghe’ and 10 others were accused of committing a criminal breach of trust with regard to Rs. 1,628 million worth funds of the depositors at Sakvithi Housing and Construction (Pvt.) Ltd between 2006 and 2008.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023