Samagi Jana Balawegaya cannot expel me – Diana
Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) Parliamentarian Diana Gamage said she continues to function as an SJB Member and that the Party cannot expel her or stop her from being an MP.
She said she will not allow the SJB to suspend her Party Membership that easily and warned that she would seek legal redress over the actions of the SJB shortly.
Gamage observed that former UNP MP Upeksha Swarnamali too had backed the then Government and that her MP post had not been challenged in Court.
She added that while being in the SJB, she had backed the 20th Amendment to the Constitution according to her conscience, after having thought about its consequences to the country.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By W.K. Prasad Manju)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
She is the owner of the SJB registration in the Elections Commission.
If she is expelled, she will walk away with the Registration and SJB will dissapear.