Samagi Jana Balawegaya decides to support progressive steps by new Government
The Samagi Jana Balavegaya’s (SJB) Parliamentary Group has unanimously decided today (May 16) to extend support to the Government led by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe on decisions taken for the betterment of the country and to uplift the country.
The SJB said it would provide its support towards the Parliamentary process on the said matters, without accepting any posts.
“As a responsible political party, the Samagi Jana Balawegaya believes that at this moment it is essential to rescue the country from the crisis situation it is currently facing.”, the statement said.
“However the party will withdraw support if MPs are wooed to the government outside the policy framework SJB” the statement further said.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023