Samagi Jana Balawegaya to boycott 75th Independence celebrations
Leader of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) and Leader of Opposition Sajith Premadasa have decided to boycott 75th Independence Day celebrations to be held at Galle Face tomorrow (February 04).
According to the Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) party, it has decided to boycott 75th Independence Day celebrations and will refrain from engaging in such activities in which money is wasted at a time when Sri Lanka is facing one of its worst economic crises.
This decision was reached at a recent party meeting, SJB MP Tissa Attanayake stated.
“We have received invitations for the event but no one from our party will participate in it,” SJB General Secretary Ranjith Madduma Bandara said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023