Court order issued preventing protests in Colombo tomorrow
The Fort Magistrate’s Court today (February 03) issued an order preventing any protest movements from taking place in the Galle Face Green area tomorrow (February 04), until the conclusion of the 75th Independence Day celebrations.
The order was made by Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage after considering a request made by the Fort Police.
Accordingly, the order prevents any protest movement or any person from entering Galle Face Green and other surrounding areas tomorrow in a manner that would disrupt the scheduled celebrations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023