Sangakkara to lead Chargers
Posted in Sports News
HYDERABAD: Sri Lankan captain Kumar Sangakkara will lead Deccan Chargers in the Indian Premier League starting on April 8, according to Gayathri Reddy, owner of Chargers.
Australia’s Cameron White will be his deputy.
Chargers coach Darren Lehmann said it was great that Sangakkara would be at the helm after having a wonderful run in the World Cup where Sri Lanka finished runner-up to India. — Special Correspondent
Source: The Hindu – Pix by Getty Images
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023