Sangakkara to lead Chargers
HYDERABAD: Sri Lankan captain Kumar Sangakkara will lead Deccan Chargers in the Indian Premier League starting on April 8, according to Gayathri Reddy, owner of Chargers.
Australia’s Cameron White will be his deputy.
Chargers coach Darren Lehmann said it was great that Sangakkara would be at the helm after having a wonderful run in the World Cup where Sri Lanka finished runner-up to India. — Special Correspondent
Source: The Hindu – Pix by Getty Images
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023