Sarana Gunawardena arrested by CID
UPFA Parliamentarian Sarana Gunawardene has been arrested after he was called to the CID for questioning.
The complaint filed against the UFPA Parliamentarian charges him with financial fraud amounting to Rs 9.6 million and criminal breach of trust.
MP Sarana Gunawardene was summoned to the CID this afternoon in this regard.
Subsequent to questioning, he was arrested and is to be produced before the Attanagalle Magistrate.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023