32 CPC members submit affidavits to remove CM Sarath Ekanayake
Nearly 32 out of the 57 members in the UPFA-controlled Central Provincial Council today handed over affidavits to Governor Surangani Ellawala requesting that Chief Minister Sarath Ekanayake be removed and UPFA councillor Thilina Bandara Tennakoon to the post.
The group of Provincial Councilors, including Tennakoon and Opposition Leader Ranjith Aluwihare, visited the Governor’s Office this morning and handed over the affidavits.
Speaking to reporters afterwards, Tennakoon stated that the Governor should consider the request and take a correct decision.
The UPFA Provincial Councilor stated that he has the backing of 15 opposition councilors and that when similar affidavits were submitted on a previous occasion, no steps had been taken due to the removal of Tikiri Kobbekaduwa from the post of Governor.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023