Sarana’s passport impounded
Posted in Local News
The passport of former Deputy Minister Sarana Gunawardena was impounded on a directive issued by the Colombo Chief Magistrate on a request made by the Bribery Commission.
The Commission has received 106 allegations of bribery and corruption against Mr. Gunawardena during his tenure as Chairman of the National Lotteries Board (NLB).
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023