Sarath Fonseka not against Kotelawala Defence University
SJB MP Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka yesterday said he is not against the proposed Kotelawala Defence University but he would not approve charging fees for courses.
Speaking during the debate on the registrations imposed under Emigration Immigration Act, MP Fonseka said charging fees will prevent the poor students from gaining access to education.
“I also don’t approve criticizing of Security Forces,” commented MP Fonseka.
He also said President Gotabaya Rajapaksa is making a genuine effort to make farmers shift to organic fertilizer.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera and Ajith Siriwardana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023