Sarath Kumara released on bail
Former Provincial Councilor Ananda Sarath Kumara who was produced to Anamaduwa Magistrate Court was granted bail today by Magistrate Ranga Dissanayake.
Kumara was released on two surety bails each of Rs.500,000.
He was also instructed to appear at the Nawagaththegama Police everyday between 9-12 a.m. and to keep away from the teacher who had been allegedly harassed by him earlier.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023