SC issues interim order against carrying out death penalty
The Supreme Court today issued an interim order staying the implementation of death sentence for convicted drug offenders until October 30.
The order was delivered by a three-judge bench consisting of Supreme Court Justices Buwaneka Aluwihare, Prasanna Jayawardene and Gamini Amarasekara.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023