Schools closed in Western and North Western provinces
All schools, pre-schools and Pirivens in the Western and North Western Provinces will remain closed with immediate effect until April 30, Education Minister Prof. GL Peiris said.
This decision has been taken as a precaution due to the recent surge in new COVID-19 cases.
No decision was taken regarding the schools operating in other provinces. However, schools except for the Western and North Western Provinces have been strictly advised to follow the health guidelines to minimise spreading the coronavirus, the Minister added.
UPDATE: In view of the government’s decision, all Catholic schools in the Western and North Western provinces will also be closed until Friday (April 30), the Bishop’s House said.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023