Second reading of 19th Amendment passed in Parliament
The second reading of the 19th Amendment to Constitution was passed in Parliament with a majority of 214 votes, a short while ago, with 215 members voting for and a single vote against.
Seven MPs were absent at the time of the vote with one abstention. UPFA MP Sarath Weerasekara voted against the draft bill.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023