Security Forces enter Petroleum Storage Facilities in Kolonnawa and Muthurajawela
Posted in Local News
Distributing and unloading fuel has been declared an Essential Service from midnight, tonight.
According to the Gov. Printer, the gazette in this regard has been issued under the signature of Secretary to the President.
Wednesday, July 26 -3.30 am: Following the declaration, SL Army and Police entered the Kollonawa and Muthurajawela Petroleum storage terminals at midnight.
The protesters obstructed and retaliated at first when Police attempted to enter the storage terminals.
However the SL Army arrived at the scene, and dispersed the protesting crowds as they entered the terminal.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023