Security strengthened for Kandy Perahera
Security will be strengthened for the Kandy Esala Perahera, said Police Media Spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara. These security measures will be taken to ensure the safety of local and foreign tourists who will be visiting the Kandy Perahera in large numbers from August 5 to August 15.
The Police Media Spokesman was addressing the media after Acting IGP Chandana Wickramarathna instructed the relevant officers at the Kandy Police Headquarters yesterday.
The security measures will be in operation in 13 zones and each zone will come under a Superintendent of Police (SP) or Assistant Superintend Police (ASP).“A special traffic plan will also be in operation durin this period,” the Police Media Spokesman said.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023