Senadhipathi has Rs 1.1 B in 96 Fixed Deposits
Avant Garde Maritime Security Chairman Major [Rtd] Nissanka Senadhipathi has mammoth 96 fixed deposit accounts under his name in several banks, aggregating Rs 1,110 million, investigations by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) has revealed.
Top CID sources said these accounts included 62 at the Commercial Bank, 20 fixed deposits at the National Development Bank (NDB), six at the LOLC, seven at the Peoples Leasing and one at the BOC respectively.
The CID probe has also revealed that former Navy Commander Somathilaka Dissanayake has 24 fixed deposit accounts including 12 at the NSB, one at the State Mortgage and Investment Bank, three at the BOC, four at the Commercial Bank, three at Sampath Bank and one at the NDB.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Ishara Ratnakara)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Isn’t that great and welcome economic news?
These guys, at least, are not spending but saving ! These savings could be utilised to develop the life of the ever-toiling, amude-wearing taxpayer peasants of the Shining Flame of Asia !!
To me, what is important is not the amount of money, but whether all that money is earned through legitimate process. Other than that everything else is based on jealousy and nothing else.
we should wait for the court decision