Senthil Thondaman run over by his driver
Posted in Local News
One person died and 20 others were injured – including former Uva Provincial Council Minister Senthil Thondaman – when the ex-minister’s vehicle, driven by his driver, rammed into a crowd of supporters during an election rally in Bandarawela yesterday (17).
Following the incident the driver had escaped, Police Media Spokesman, SSP Ajith Rohana said.
“The jeep had collided with the crowd who were part of a propaganda rally in Bandarawela. Thondaman was run over by his own vehicle driven by his own driver. Nineteen others sustained injuries,” he added.
Police are yet to determine as to whether it was an accident or a deliberate act.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023