SF to form a new party
Former Army Commander Sarath Fonseka, who was released on a special presidential pardon on Monday, is to form a new political party named, ‘Democratic Party’ led by him, MP Jayantha Ketagoda said.
“We have already forwarded the application to the Elections Secretariat for registration and awaiting its approval,” said Mr. Ketagoda, who is the Chairman of the party.
He also said MP Arjuna Ranatunga and Anoma Fonseka will be the Co-Deputy Leaders of the Party while Tiran Alles will act as the General Secretary.
Mr. Ketagoda said that other officials would be named once the registration process was completed.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023