Sinhala leaders cheated Tamil leaders – Sivajilingam
Posted in Local News
Former Northern Provincial Council member M. K. Sivajilingam stated that his party is willing to support a political organization which promises to fulfill their political needs.
He mentioned this addressing a press conference held in Jaffna.
Up until now, Sinhala leaders cheated the Tamil leaders and certain leaders couldn’t fulfill the needs of the Tamil people, he said.
Sivajilingam further said that the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA) should be abolished, all political prisoners should be released, and police powers and land powers should be given to them.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023