Sinhala leaders cheated Tamil leaders – Sivajilingam
Former Northern Provincial Council member M. K. Sivajilingam stated that his party is willing to support a political organization which promises to fulfill their political needs.
He mentioned this addressing a press conference held in Jaffna.
Up until now, Sinhala leaders cheated the Tamil leaders and certain leaders couldn’t fulfill the needs of the Tamil people, he said.
Sivajilingam further said that the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA) should be abolished, all political prisoners should be released, and police powers and land powers should be given to them.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024