Six dead, two missing in Ramboda landslide
Posted in Local News
Six persons died and two were reported missing following a landslide at Lily Estate, Ramboda yesterday evening. Several houses of estate workers were covered with earth following the landslide.
Police and residents launched a search operation to rescue the missing. Disaster Management Centre officials said relief workers found it difficult to reach the area due to the inclement weather.
A Geological Survey and Mines Bureau official said the bureau did not issue an alert as the area did not experience heavy showers. “We have sent a team of officials to inspect the area where the landslide had taken place,” he said.
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023