Sluice gates open at Parakrama Samudra
FILE PHOTO –
The Disaster Management Center (DMC) says that ten sluice gates of the Parakrama Samudra reservoir have been opened due to the rising water level.
The DMC therefore advised the people living is nearby low-level areas such as Thamankaduwa, Lankapura, Manumpitiya and Gallalla to remain vigilant.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023