Social Security Contribution Levy Bill passed in Sri Lanka Parliament with amendments
The second reading of the Social Security Contribution Levy Bill has been passed in the parliament with a majority of 81 votes with 91 voting in favour and 10 voting against the bill.
At the third reading or the committee stage of the Bill, the Social Security Contribution Levy Bill was passed with amendments.
The debate on the Social Security Contribution Levy Bill was taken up for debate in the parliament today (September 08).
In Budget 2022, the Social Security Contribution Levy Bill was introduced as a measure to raise government revenue and rebuild the economy hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This tax is levied at the rate of 2.5 percent upon the annual turnover is Rs.120 million on taxable turnover of importers, manufacturers, service providers and wholesale traders and retailers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023