Software engineer arrested over NMRA data loss
A Software Engineer of the Epic Lanka Technologies company has been arrested over the deletion of data from the database of the National Medicine Regulatory Authority (NMRA).
The arrest was made by the Criminal Investigations Department at around 11 am this morning (September 28).
Police said the individual was arrested under provisions of the Computer Crimes Act and Public Properties Act.
Sri Lanka Police said the Software Engineer of Epic Lanka Technologies was arrested after confirming that he had accessed the database and intentionally deleted the files.
The 34-year-old suspect will be produced in court on Wednesday (29).
The Chief Executive Officer of the company was previously arrested and granted bail.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023