Solving people’s problems is not the responsibility of politicians: Dullas
Minister Dullas Alahapperuma says that solving people’s problems is not the responsibility of politicians.
The Minister states that the responsibility of politicians is to eliminate the causes of the people’s problems.
This was stated by Minister Alahapperuma at a ceremony held in Gampaha.
“Politicians are not there to solve problems. Solving problems is the job of officials. It is the responsibility of the politician to eliminate the causes of those problems. It is difficult to do that within traditional political practices” said Minister Dullas Alahapperuma.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023