Solving people’s problems is not the responsibility of politicians: Dullas
Posted in Local News
Minister Dullas Alahapperuma says that solving people’s problems is not the responsibility of politicians.
The Minister states that the responsibility of politicians is to eliminate the causes of the people’s problems.
This was stated by Minister Alahapperuma at a ceremony held in Gampaha.
“Politicians are not there to solve problems. Solving problems is the job of officials. It is the responsibility of the politician to eliminate the causes of those problems. It is difficult to do that within traditional political practices” said Minister Dullas Alahapperuma.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
This Minister has hit the nail on the head.
Wish we had more Ministers in Cabinet and State of his stature.
Ministers are not there to solve problems; the Ministers are there to identify root cause of problems and make policy changes that will eliminate root cause.
All Ministers are encouraged to follow the Job Philosophy of this Minister.
Governance – ‘Theory & Practice’. Getting more into theory and moving away from practice – providing solutions to the people’s problems ?
Witch book he has been reading?
It appears he has been reading Plato’s ‘Republic’.
If that is the case, why we should have politicians? For Brother Ranjith: Unfortunately that book yet to be published!!!