Digital and print media to be regulated
Minister of Mass Media Keheliya Rambukwella says digital and print media will be regulated in the near future.
Speaking to media in Kandy the Minister said the government’s plans to monitor digital media, was partly the responsibility of the media.
The Minister questioned the actions of individuals claiming to be journalists who hold no media ethics or values.
Minister Rambukwella requested media to always report ethically to uphold the respect of the profession, adding they had the right to go against any groups that thought otherwise.
Minister Rambukwella pledged to support media ethics if it was initiated by the journalists.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024