Digital and print media to be regulated
Posted in Local News
Minister of Mass Media Keheliya Rambukwella says digital and print media will be regulated in the near future.
Speaking to media in Kandy the Minister said the government’s plans to monitor digital media, was partly the responsibility of the media.
The Minister questioned the actions of individuals claiming to be journalists who hold no media ethics or values.
Minister Rambukwella requested media to always report ethically to uphold the respect of the profession, adding they had the right to go against any groups that thought otherwise.
Minister Rambukwella pledged to support media ethics if it was initiated by the journalists.
(Source: News Radio)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023