Speaker signs Colombo Port City Bill making it effective from today
Posted in Local News
Speaker of the Parliament Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena has placed his signature today (27) validating the Colombo Port City Economic Commission Bill which was passed in Parliament on May 20, 2021.
The Office of the Speaker stated that he signed the relevant Bill at around 11:30 am this morning (May 27).
Accordingly, the Colombo Port City Economic Commission Act will be effective from today (27).
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023