Special commodity levy imposed on imported maize
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Government has imposed a Rs.10 special commodity levy on a kilogram of imported Maize and Sorghum, which will be in effect until the 31st of December, 2022.
The gazette notification in this regard has been issued by the Minister of Finance, Economic Stabilisation and National Policies effective 04th of September, 2022.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023